Skip to main content

November 12 Newsletter

This Week's Speaker:

Embracing your Mess: Avoiding Mothering Comparisons
*Video segment with Shauna Niequist


Shauna Niequist is the author of Cold Tangerines, Bittersweet, and Bread & Wine.
Shauna grew up in Barrington, Illinois, and then studied English and French Literature at Westmont College in Santa Barbara.
She is married to Aaron, who is a pianist and songwriter. Aaron is a worship leader at Willow Creek and is recording a project called A New Liturgy. Aaron & Shauna live outside Chicago with their sons, Henry and Mac.
Shauna writes about the beautiful and broken moments of everyday life–friendship, family, faith, food, marriage, love, babies, books, celebration, heartache, and all the other things that shape us, delight us, and reveal to us the heart of God.

This Week's Reminders:

Robbinsdale Women's Center donations: For our next 3 meetings we will be collecting any of the following to RWC: 
Infant Sleepers: Newborn to size 6 mo
newborn hats
baby wipes
*Please note that these need to be NEW items.   

 

This Week's MOPPETS:

BOZ TREEHOUSE TIME! November Topic: ‘B Nice 2 Each Other’

* For Nov. 26th: If you could bring 2 (or more) empty toilet paper rolls for your child (Barnyard and older) that would be awesome! *

BOZ Buzz!
The Golden Rule, or being kind to others, is the next theme for BOZ Treehouse Time! To introduce this topic, please look for opportunities to model kindness and catch your child showing kindness. This concept is most easily understood when the work ‘kind’ is associated with a good deed. For example, you might say, “You were kind to Skippy when you filled his water dish.”

Lesson Overview: Just for you!
Young children are concrete thinkers, yet kindness and thankfulness are abstract concepts. Young children can’t touch, smell, or taste kindness or thankfulness, but they can learn that kindness means doing something good for someone else. God is kind to us. Our thanks to God overflows in the form of being kind to others.

  • Memory Verse: Be kind to everyone. (2 Timothy 2:24)
  • Biblical Concept: God is kind to us. We can be kind to others.
  • Concept in Action: I can be kind.
  • Snack: (November 12th): Popcorn balls (Popcorn, salt, sunflower oil, sugar, vinegar, and Lecithin (soy).
  • Snack/Craft: (November 26th): Banana ‘bugs’: bananas, shredded carrots, raisins, pretzel sticks.

Here are two songs that we will be singing this month in MOPPETS

God’s Been Kind to Me (Song)
sung to the tune of
“Mary Had a Little Lamb”.

I'll be kind now Yes I will,
Yes I will, yes I will
I’ll be kind now, Yes I will
            ‘Cause God’s been kind to me 
            Praise God! (shout)

I’ll be thankful Yes I will,  
Yes I will, yes I will
I’ll be thankful, Yes I will
‘Cause God’s been kind to me
Praise God! (shout)


I will praise God Yes I will,
Yes I will, yes I will
I will praise God Yes I will,
‘Cause God’s been kind to me
Praise God! (shout)


Thankful (Song)
sung to the tune of
If You’re Happy and You Know It.”

If you’re thankful and you know it, say ‘I am” (I am”)…
If you’re thankful and you know it, say ‘I am” (I am”)…
If you’re thankful and you know it,
Cause our God has surely shown it
If you’re thankful and you know it, say ‘I am” (I am”)…


Visit BozTheBear.com for more information about our curriculum.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

Lori Andreen 612.802.1550


Save the Date:

Bake Sale: November 22 and 23rd.  Believe it or not, this is our last MOPS meeting before the big bake sale.  If you have yet to sign up to help or decided how you are contributing, please contact Melanie @ melanie_578@earthlink.net

 

Comments