This Week's Speaker:
Pastor Jon Platek: "You're going to miss this"
Jon Platek is the Senior Pastor at Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church. Jon received his Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications from Taylor University in Indiana and his Master of Arts and Religion from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Illinois, has been married to his wife, Chrissy, for 13 years. Together they have 3 adorable children: Christian (11), Gavin (9), and London (6).
This Week's Reminders:
- We are starting to form a team for next year's steering team. If you are interested in serving MOPS in this way, please talk to your DGL. This is a great way to be a part of something big and be a part of a fun team of ladies committed to serving God. Even if your just curious--talk to your DGL! You can refer to the "about" section for leadership position names and your DGL can give you a description of what each position entails.
- Registration for the Spring Leadership Event for MOPS leadership- Area 9 is now open. If anyone is looking to join our leadership team for next year, or is just looking for an opportunity to grow as a mom and a leader, this event is for you. Early Bird registration is just $10 and Sara Groves will be there speaking before the event. Event date is April 25th (Mom time with Sara Groves 9-945 optional) 10:00am-430pm at Westwood Community Church in Excelsior, MN. If this is something you are interesting in please see Jen or Erica or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Week's MOPPETS:
MOPPETS for March 2015
Theme: A Busy Body Day – The importance of physical activity.
- BOZ Buzz!
- Physical activity is the next theme for BOZ TREEHOUSE TIME!, an appropriate topic for young children who are always on the go. Talking with your child about the importance of exercise would be a good way to prepare your child for this session; moving with your child would be even better (and more fun!).
- Easter falls on April 5th this year. Children will jump for joy after hearing the Easter message that “Jesus is with us”.
- Memory Verse: Jesus is always with me.
Matthew 28:20 … “and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Biblical Concept: He is risen! I can celebrate that Jesus is alive.
- March 24th: Bunny Buffet: Carrot sticks and raisins
- Steering Team Meeting Moms for Tuesday, April 7th 9:15 – 11:45 AM.
Thank you so much for helping out and keeping our child care costs low!!! If you cannot make it, PLEASE LET ME KNOW and if you can find a sub that would be super sweet!
- Veronica Meyer and Jessica Riley (Waddler Room with Amy Elkins)
- Kristi Klee and Ashley Thoma (Cruiser Room with Anne Harris)
- Mandy Mueller (Sea Mates with Paula Petersen)
Have a wonderful week. Stay warm!
Save the Date:
- March 27th: Couple Night has been moved to this Friday night. See your email for more details regarding this event.
- April 21st: All MOPS playdate. More info to come- watch your email for details as it gets closer.