This Week's Speaker:
Cheryl Eliason: Character Training-Kids Under Construction
Cheryl Eliason speaks with passion and conviction to women, parents, and youth of all ages. Her enthusiastic and candid style addresses the “where we live” challenges of parenting. Cheryl’s background in Social Work, and experience as a parent of four children, give her a broad perspective born out of years of practical parenting practice. Along with her husband, Jeff, Cheryl co-founded their company Family Tools, Inc. – a resource company that educates and equips parents to be intentional. Their featured tool, PEGS®, sold internationally, helps families to establish structure and routine while providing a hands-on means to teach chores and address character issues. Cheryl is also a Certified Family Life Coach through The Parent Coaching Institute (thepci.com).
This Week's Reminders:
- It's not too late to register for the Spring Leadership Event for MOPS leadership. If anyone is looking to join our leadership team for next year, or is just looking for an opportunity to grow as a mom and a leader, this event is for you. Early Bird registration is just $10 and Sara Groves will be there speaking before the event. Event date is April 25th (Mom time with Sara Groves 9-945 optional) 10:00am-430pm at Westwood Community Church in Excelsior, MN. If this is something you are interesting in please see Jen or Erica or contact them at email@example.com
Get excited for MomCon 2015!!! Although it may seem early to be talking about this incredible life-giving event, we get to start planning now as it’s in mid-September this year! The exact dates are September 17th -19th in Indianapolis, IN.
- What is MomCon, you say? It’s an annual conference hosted by MOPS International with the goals of building relationships, wisdom, and rest into your lives! It’s an awesome opportunity to connect with other moms in our MOPS group, to learn and grow from well-known speakers, and to worship with Matt Maher and Matthew West! Check out the promo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFoex4Vlqlg
- If you would like to be included on an email list with further details and planning for the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title: MomCon or talk to Jen Heupel. Thanks!
- We have a new tab! Please check out our how to get involved tab which will walk you through different needs our steering team has for next year as well as how to apply for these positions. We are currently accepting applications for MOPS steering team 2015-2016. We will be having a Leadership Recruitment night as well (listed in the save the date section) for those of you who are interested and would like more information.
- Congratulations to Marissa on the birth of Walter John and Staci on the birth of Nevaeh Grace.
This Week's MOPPETS:
MOPPETS for April 2015
Theme: ‘What Do You See?’ Celebrating God’s gift of imagination.
- BOZ Buzz!
- Celebrating God’s gift of imagination is the next theme of for BOZ Treehouse Time! at MOPPETS. During the next few days, look for opportunities to support your child’s creative activities. You could shift sofa cushions to help your child create a fort, offer worn clothing for dress-up play or make airplane sounds when your child swings at the playground. Celebrating your child’s personal creativity will serve as a great introduction to this topic.
- Biblical Concept: We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God
- Memory Verse: God made me. From Psalm 139:13 - For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
- April 14th: Veggie Straws
- Please dress your child for the outside weather. The weather is improving!!! If the weather is beautiful we will bring the MOPPETS outside for some activity.
- Steering Team Meeting Moms for Tuesday, May 5th 9:15 – 11:45 AM.
We cannot thank you, moms, enough for stepping up and helping with child care for our Steering Team meetings. Our Steering Team is fantastic and each woman goes out of her way to plan so that each meeting is a wonderful experience and relative to young busy moms.
Thank you so much for helping out and keeping our child care costs low!!! If you cannot make it, PLEASE LET ME KNOW and if you can find a sub that would be super sweet!
- Katie Waage (Waddler Room with Amy Elkins)
- Barbary Kochendorfer and Bethany Yard (Cruiser Room with Anne Harris and/or Mary Dieter)
- Molly Abrams (Sea Mates with Paula Petersen)
Have a wonderful week. Loving this beautiful gift-of-God weather!
Save the Date:
- April 21st: All MOPS playdate. Meet at Weaver Lake Park for some fun in the sun! 9:30-11:30. If rainy we will meet at MGEFC for bouncy houses, coloring and basketball. See evite for more details and to RSVP.
- April 21st: Leadership Recruitment Night. We will meet in the Youth Room (in between the elevators and the kitchen) at 7-830pm for any and all who are at all interested in a leadership position for next year's steering team. Please come and gather more information about the position and all that it requires from you as you make a desicion about your involvement for next year.