This Week's Speaker:
Pete Larson: Love Often, Laugh Much: Making Marriage All it Can BePete grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota as the 9th of 14 children. After graduating from St. John’s University in Collegeville, MN, Pete began working with youth and families at St. Patrick’s Church in Edina, MN. Following ten years of youth and family ministry, Pete began working at Youth Frontiers, where he led over 600 retreats, speaking to over 100,000 kids in grades 5-12. He was also a host on The Wishing Well T.V. show at the Minneapolis & St. Paul Children’s Hospitals. Pete is the co-founder and Executive Director of Family Fest Ministries, Inc., which seeks to strengthen families in the Christian Faith through weeklong and weekend retreats for families and couples. Pete often speaks at church youth groups, conferences, and retreats. Pete also writes blogs for myfaithradio.com and 1st Corinthians 13 Parenting. He lives in Bloomington, Minnesota with his wife, Lynn, and their two children, Dan and Tim.
This Week's Reminders:
- Our Facebook Group is up and running. If you haven't been added to this group yet, please let your DGL know and they will be sure to get you added.
- Next MOPS meeting (Nov. 11) will be a baby shower for Robbinsdale Women's Center. Your table will be discussing how each will contribute.
- If you would like, your child can wear his/her costume to MOPPETS this week. Another opportunity to play dress up!
- We could still use a few more ladies to join our Day Of Pampering committee. Joining would mean making a few, simple phone calls to gather donations and helping set up the night prior to the Day of Pampering. This is a great opportunity to meet other mom's and also serve our group.
- Do you have a blog that you'd like to appear on our blog list? Send an email with your URL to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
*Please remember that we only want to connect with blogs that are honoring to Jesus and to one another, and that will not be a stumbling block to anyone who "stumbles" upon this blog.
This week's MOPPETS:
MOPPETS! RescueMan to the Rescue.
For October 28th: If you would like, have your child dress up in his or her costumes for MOPPETS. Another opportunity to play dress-up!
- Biblical Concept: Love others as much as you love yourself.
- Concept in Action: I can care and I can share.
- Memory Verse: I care about people (from Matthew 22:39 The Message (MSG) 37-40 Jesus said, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them.”
- Snack: Fruit Kabobs: Blueberries and mini-marshmallows with goldfish.
- November 25th: We will be taking classroom pictures to share with you and your family only. Be sure to have your child here so they can be included in the class picture with their MOPPETS buddies!
If you would like more information about the BOZ curriculum, please visit BozTheBear.com. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. I look forward to getting to know you all!
Have a blessed year with MOPS and MOPPETS!
–Lori Andreen 612.802.1550
Save the Date:
- Mom's Night Out: Mark your calendar's for Friday, November 14th at 7pm. Actual event to still be determined, but watch for an evite for more details.