This Week's Speaker:
This week we are privileged to hear from a Mom Panel of 3 experienced Mom's. They will be answering your questions and sharing their wisdom from real life experiences.
Joanne Lundberg: She has been married to her husband Dan for 38 years, has 3 children, homeschooled 2 of them, 2 grandchildren, on staff in Children’s Ministry at New Hope Church for 20 years, loves the Lord, loves studying and teaching about the Bible and enjoys downhill skiing.
Chrissy Platek: She is married to John Platek, who is the new Pastor at Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church. Together they have 3 children: Christian (10), Gavin (8), and London (5). They recently moved from Akron, OH and are adjusting to life in COLD Minnesota!
Tammy Hobbs: She is married to Jim Hobbs who is the current Acting Executive Pastor at Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church. Together they have 3 children: Allie who is a sophomore in college, Amara who is a junior in high school and Erin who is in 5th grade.
This Week's Reminders:
- RWC Collections: We are collecting crib sheets, pacifiers and baby bottles for Robbinsdale Women's Center this month. Also gift cards to Target and WalMart are also always appreciated.
- Don't forget your MOPPETS appreciation as discussed with your tables.
- MOPS registration for next year is open. See Meg Vomhoff for the necessary forms and payment options to secure your spot for next year.
- Been thinking about serving on our steering team?? Open positions are as follows: Hospitality- Events, Hospitality- Meetings, DGL (Discussion group leader) coordinator, DGL's for tables, and Finance. Also, feel free to browse the ABOUT section of this blog for other positions that we have on our steering team. If you are feeling led to act in any of these roles please talk to either Kelly Thomas at email@example.com or Jen Heupel at firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at MOPS.
This Week's MOPPETS:
Hi, Moms! Thank you so much for blessing all of our child care workers with your gifts. They are so thankful and appreciative! We have the BEST people working with your children. They are loving and kind and count it a blessing to serve Christ in this way. Thank you for honoring them and recognizing their service.
We may be going outside for the next two sessions, weather depending, so PLEASE remember to send a jacket or sweater with your child as needed.
Class pictures! We are going to try again to get everyone’s class photo this Tuesday. Hope everyone can make it
BOZ TREEHOUSE TIME! ‘A Carnival of Counting’
BOZ Buzz! Counting God’s blessings is the next theme for BOZ Treehouse Time! at MOPPETS. To introduce this topic, please look for ways to practice counting (spoons at the dinner table, hangers in the closet, toys to clean up!) with your child.
- Memory Verse: God gives me many good things. (from 2 Corinthians 9:15)
- Biblical Concept: God gives us many blessings.
- Concept in Action: I can count!
- Snack: Goldfish
- Craft: Crowns
Visit BozTheBear.com for more information about our curriculum. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
–Lori Andreen 612.802.1550
Save the Date:
- Mom's night out: We will be going to see the movie "Mom's Night Out" on May 10th at the Icon Theater in St. Louis Park. Cost is $10.75. Please bring your money to MOPS to get your advanced ticket and secure a spot. Any ladies that have not purchased tickets ahead of time are not guaranteed a seat. See Laura Gjenvick to pay for your ticket.
- Great Date Night 2: Want a date night with free babysitting?! Mark your calendars for Friday, May 2nd. The Great Date Night is happening again at Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church. Come with your whole family at 5:30pm and be served pizza for $5 and then hear a great speaker about marriage from 6:30-8:30pm while enjoying dessert and coffee kid-free Register online http://mgefc.org/697618.ihtml
- Robbinsdale Women's Center "Walk for Life":
MGEFC MOPS are walking together Saturday, May 17th, rain or shine, for the Robbinsdale Women’s Center’s Annual "Walk for Life“. Help RWC raise $25,000 to reach more abortion-vulnerable women by sharing the truth of life and the mercy of Christ. This beautiful two-mile Walk is for all ages will start at the French Park Visitor Center, pass along scenic Medicine Lake, and feature face painting, balloon twist-art, and a visit from the Plymouth Fire Department’s fire truck for your children. Event starts at 9 am atClifton E. French Park Visitor Center - by the playground 12605 Rockford Road Plymouth, MN 55441