This Week's Speaker:
Jean Larkin: "Couponing"
Jean is a mother of 4 children ages 3 – 11. She has been a MOPS mom for 6 years and a leader for 2. She started couponing in 2008 to help her family. She enjoys sharing her knowledge and helping others save on their groceries.
This Week's Reminders:
- Robbinsdale Women's Center collections: This month we are collecting baby bottle brushes, packaged 0-6 month pajamas, baby crib sheets, baby socks, girl outfits 0-6 month and baby health kits. Reminder: All items need to be new.
- Don't forget your MOPPETS appreciation as directed by your table.
- We have rescheduled our missed meeting for April 29th. Please remember to mark this Tuesday on your calendar as it is a 5th Tuesday and would normally be an off week for us.
- Be thinking about next year. Every year around this time we start thinking about what our next year of MOPS will look like. If you are wanting to become more involved and join our steering committee please contact Kelly or Rachel at email@example.com
This Week's MOPPETS:
Dearest Moms. We love you all and want you to join us for every possible MOPS session. But a few of you need reminding that we cannot have sick little ones come to MOPPETS. This is the cold and flu season and it spreads like wildfire through our families. Please review the Healthy MOPPETS Policy, below, and do use your best judgment if your child has been experiencing any of these symptoms. Thank you!
Healthy MOPPETS Policy
2013-2014 MGEFC Policy - Children with any of the following are not allowed in our MOPPETS Program. It is the job of first, the parents, to recognize these symptoms to stop the spread of illness; and second, our Room Leads. If a Lead sees any of these symptoms, or suspects a fever, the Lead will send a worker to find Lori, who will first verify suspicions and then will notify the mother promptly if warranted.
- First 3 days of a cold
- Fever within the last 24 hours
- Colored discharge from eyes, ears or nose
- Sore throat
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Unidentified rash
- Active Chickenpox
- Antibiotic treatment for less than 24 hours
- Identified communicable disease
We also ask that if your child has been in direct contact with someone, even a sibling, who is known to have any of the above that you use your best judgment on whether or not they attend. The MOPPETS staff is not permitted to administer any medications or ointments, nor are they permitted to take temperatures.
BOZ TREEHOUSE TIME!
Shaping Up! Part 1
For February 25th
“Shapes” is the next theme for BOZ Treehouse Time! at MOPPETS. To introduce this topic, please help your child identify circles, triangles, rectangles, and squares during everyday activities. For example, your child might feel the circular quarter in your pocket, eat a triangular piece of pizza or a rectangular granola bar and use a square napkin. At MOPPETS, we’ll also discuss the very special shape for February – the heart. Have fun exploring the world of shapes with your child.
- Memory Verse: God created the heavens and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)
- Biblical Concept: God created the world.
- Concept in Action: I can recognize shapes
- Snack: (February 25th): Shapes Sailboat: apples, pretzels, American cheese with goldfish crackers. (Optional: candy hearts)
Visit BozTheBear.com for more information about our curriculum. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
–Lori Andreen 612.802.1550
Save the Date:
- MOPS Mega Event: Saturday, March 29th is the MOPS Mega Event. All MOPS moms are invited to attend the MOPS Mega Event. The day starts with a conference with breakout sessions and speakers and ends at the Mall of America with a Mom's Night out program. Cost is $10.
Mom's Night Out: This event has been changed to May. It will either by May 9th or 10th and we will see the movie (fittingly titled) "Mom's Night Out". Be watching for further updates on this event as it gets closer.