This Week's Speaker:
Heidi Weber: Overcoming the unexpected
Heidi Weber and her husband, Billy, have three children: Claire (5), Audrey (4) and Wes (2). They live in Maple Grove and attend New Hope Church. Heidi has been involved in MOPS for five years now, and loves that it provides yet another platform to share with fellow mothers how God has uniquely and abundantly blessed their family. Her favorite shows are Barefoot Contessa and Downton Abbey. Her favorite food is anything chocolate; she eats at Chipotle more than the average college student; and, she encourages every woman that crosses her path to buy a Hoover Linx vacuum... it has changed her life... and she hopes the same for you.
This Week's Reminders:
- This week we thought our mom's could use some down time! Just a simple 20 minutes or so to catch your breath and take some "me" time. We will have this time available for you to bring a good book, to spend some time in prayer, or if you would rather spend this time catching up each table group will have a loose discussion on the Jen Hatmaker devotions you got in the beginning of the year (so try and catch up if you can).
- Since the Christmas time, as wonderful as it is, can sometimes be overwhelming and stressful, please feel free to come in comfy clothes, even your pajamas and leave your kids in theirs as well.
- Don't forget your MOPPETS appreciation as you and your table have discussed.
- Due to the congestion from checking our children into MOPPETS in the nursery hallway, we have decided to open up the computers on the other side of the sanctuary as well. (These are the computers that are right in front of Kid Zone.)
- Before we leave each meeting, please remember to help your DGL, if you can, in tearing down the table decorations. If we all chip in, it goes very quickly!
This Week's MOPPETS
BOZ Treehouse Time! Encourages young children to discover God's world through play-based, faith focused activities. The interactive experience will help children know and love God.
We will be opening up the kiosk by the Kids Zone room for check in to hopefully decrease the check in time. Thanks for your patience!
BOZ TREEHOUSE TIME! for December 10th
As you may have anticipated, Christmas is the next theme for BOZ Treehouse Time! at MOPPETS. We will focus on the real meaning of the holiday. Although the birth of Jesus can be buried beneath the commercialism of the season, take every opportunity to point out to your child the reference to Bethlehem in a carol, the star at the top of the tree, or the gift of God's son while wrapping a present.
- Memory Verse: Jesus was born for me. (taken from Luke 2:11)
- Biblical Concept: God's son, Jesus, was born on Christmas.
- Concept in Action: I can celebrate that Jesus was born on Christmas.
- Snack: Apples and colored sugar
Visit BoztheBear.com for more information about our curriculum. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
-Lori Andreen 612.802.1550
Save the Date:
We will have a girls night out coming up in February. More details to come!