This Week's Speaker:
Carol Edwards: Thanksgiving
My name is Carol Edwards. I've been the mentor for the New Ulm MOPS for many years. I've been married to my husband, Rod for 38 years and we have 4 kids who are your age; 2 boys and 2 girls. They are all married and have given us 6 grand-babies, 4 of whom live in Oklahoma City with our 2 daughters. I know about long-distance relationships. One of our sons and his family live in Inver Grove and the other lives near home. My husband is a trucker so I can identify with raising kids alone.
I was a full-time stay-at-home mom until my kids got older. Then I got a part time job at a local independent, family-owned, manufacturing jewelry store and have been there almost 20 years. There is more to learn in that industry all the time so it continues to be interesting and I like waiting on people! I also have a sewing business and recently took up painting as a hobby. I have an artist's page on Face Book: caroledwardsoriginals if anyone is interested. I help out with our church youth group weekly as well as the MOPS times so I keep busy with younger people and they give me energy and joy!
This Week's Reminders:
- December 9th is our last meeting of the year.
- We still have a few more openings so if you know anyone who is interested in joining MOPS, have them download an application on this blog and email it to email@example.com
- If you write a blog (personal or for a business) and would like have it shared on this blog, email Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are still not added to our facebook group,talk to your DGL or request to be added on facebook so that you aren't missing out on all the fun!
This Week's MOPPETS:
MOPPETS for November 2014 Theme: Gratitude and thankfulness
Things to note for the week of November 25th:
- We will be taking pictures this week of our little MOPPETS classes so be sure to have your little ones here.
- BOZ in time for Christmas! BOZ the Bear is our curriculum for MOPPETS. We will be placing orders for our BOZ bear plush stuffed animal and BOZ CDs and orders must be received along with payment on the 25th. Order form is attached or will be available at your MOPS tables and please make checks payable to Lori Andreen. We will place the orders right away so that we are sure to have them for you by our next meeting Tuesday, December 9th. They will be hidden so your children won’t see them on the way home.
Thanking God is the next theme for BOZ Treehouse Time! at MOPPETS.
When asked to thank God during a prayer, young children will typically take a fast glance around and end up mentioning shoes, pictures on the wall, the table and anything else in sight. So, before MOPPETS, help your child identify some of the significant blessings your family enjoys (other than shoes and the kitchen table!). These conversations will prepare your child for our session about a harvest of blessings.
- Memory Verse: God is good to me (From 1 Chronicles 16:34 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.")
- Biblical Concept: God gives me many blessings.
- Snack: Goldfish crackers
- Steering Team Meeting Moms for Tuesday, December 2nd 9:15 – 11:45. Thank you so much for helping out!!!
- Angie Milich (Waddler Room)
- Megan Smith (Cruiser Room)
- Cassie Borchardt (Sea Mates)
- Save your bubble wrap for January! Kids love bubble wrap and we have a fun day planned for one of our January sessions (think carpet and jumping and dancing). Bubble wrap is pricey, big or little bubbles are fine. If you have any that you can spare…
We are so thankful for you, and for your children. Blessings to you and your family as you celebrate the all the good things that the Lord has brought into your lives. May He receive all the glory.
Save the Date:
- All MOPS playdate: December 16th 930-1130, will be a playdate at MGEFC. We will have a craft for the kids and coffee for the moms! Be watching your email for an evite where you can respond if you would like to bring a treat to share.
- January 20th: A Change to your magnet! Instead of a playdate, we will be doing a Mom's Night In and will be in the evening. Be watching your email for event information.