This Week's Speaker:
Unfortunately, our speaker we had lined up had to cancel so instead we will be watching an inspirational video. Thank you for understanding.
This Week's Reminders:
- It is that time of year that we start thinking about what MOPS will look like next year. If anyone is interested or feeling led to be a part of our steering committee, talk with your DGL. You can refer to the "about" section for leadership position names and your DGL can give you a description of what each position entails.
- Registration for the Spring Leadership Event for MOPS leadership- Area 9 is now open. If anyone is looking to join our leadership team for next year, or is just looking for an opportunity to grow as a mom and a leader, this event is for you. Early Bird registration is just $10 and Sara Groves will be there speaking before the event. Event date is April 25th (Mom time with Sara Groves 9-945 optional) 10:00am-430pm at Westwood Community Church in Excelsior, MN. If this is something you are interesting in please see Jen or Erica or contact them at email@example.com
- New MOPS Moms: Please follow this blog by email using the toolbar on the right-hand side of this blog page. We don't want you to miss anything! Also join our MOPS group on Facebook! This has been a great way to stay connected throughout the week.
This Week's MOPPETS:
MOPPETS for March 2015
Theme: A Busy Body Day – The importance of physical activity.
- BOZ Buzz!
- Physical activity is the next theme for BOZ TREEHOUSE TIME!, an appropriate topic for young children who are always on the go. Talking with your child about the importance of exercise would be a good way to prepare your child for this session; moving with your child would be even better (and more fun!).
- Easter falls on April 5th this year. Children will jump for joy after hearing the Easter message that “Jesus is with us”.
- Memory Verse: Jesus is always with me.
Matthew 28:20 … “and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
- Biblical Concept: He is risen! I can celebrate that Jesus is alive.
- March 14th: ‘Skinny Pop’ popcorn
- March 24th: Bunny Buffet: Carrot sticks and raisins
- Cardboard Egg Cartons . Thank you! We are all set for our craft!
- Steering Team Meeting Moms for Tuesday, April 7th 9:15 – 11:45 AM.
Thank you so much for helping out and keeping our child care costs low!!! If you cannot make it, PLEASE LET ME KNOW and if you can find a sub that would be super sweet!
- Veronica Meyer and Jessica Riley (Waddler Room with Amy Elkins)
- Kristi Klee and Ashley Thoma (Cruiser Room with Anne Harris)
- Mandy Mueller (Sea Mates with Paula Petersen)
I will be on vacation the week of March 10th and Jan Kemper (co-coordinator) will be covering. Please thank her for pitching in and making sure everything runs smoothly.
Have a wonderful week. Stay warm!
Save the Date:
- March 20th: Couples night out. Being watching your email for event details.
- April 21st: All MOPS playdate. More info to come- watch your email for details as it gets closer.