Day of Pampering!
What you can expect for Day of Pampering:
Numerous local vendors are volunteering their time to come pamper you! All services are free of charge! (Each vendor will receive a small tip from the MOPS budget as a thank you).
Some of the services you can look forward to include: Hairstyling, eye brow waxing, back massages, essential oils, Jamberry nails, facials, neck wraps, skin treatments, make up application, hand paraffin wax station, and Satin Hands by Mary Kay.
3 Squares and Original Pancake House have donated food for our brunch! Steering team will also be purchasing fruit, yogurt, and granola to fill our bellies!
How the morning will run: Please sit at your regular tables when you arrive. After prayer, you will be free to start with brunch, or get in line with any vendor station you like! You can sit wherever you like to eat your food or sit and chat with other moms. There will also be a craft station to make some really cute head bands! We hope this is a time for you to get to know other MOPS women, relax, and have fun socializing! We will be giving away a few prize bags as well!
Last but not least, we encourage you and your children to come in comfy clothes-even your pajamas if you like! It’s going to be a blast-you don’t want to miss it!
This Week's Reminders:
- We WELCOME all of our new moms that are joining us this new semester. If you are new to our group, please following the link on the side to follow our blog by email. This way you will be sure to get all important information about the upcoming meetings, events, etc.
- Our Facebook group has taken off! Thank you to all who have been utilizing the group. Again, new moms, please check this group out. You can either be added by your DGL, or search for the group page and ask to be added. We want everyone to be able to be a part of this group. We use it to encourage each other, ask questions, share advice and even sell/trade/give items between moms.
- We still have a few spaces open if you know of any mom's who are looking to join a group. The spaces are limited some on the ages of their children due to adult to child ratio in our MOPPETS rooms. If you know anyone, please direct them this blog page and follow the registration tab to apply or they could contact Jen or Erica directly at email@example.com
This Week's MOPPETS:
MOPPETS for February 2015 Theme: Counting on God’s Love – a Valentine message
Counting signs of God’s love is the next theme for BOZ Treehouse Time! at MOPPETS. To introduce this topic, help your child count the blessings that are visible each day. You might even make a list of blessings and then challenge other family members to make their own lists to share on Valentine’s Day. Who can find the most gifts from God? Especially enjoy celebrating this holiday of love with your child, one of God’s greatest blessings to a mom.
- Memory Verse: God loves me. I love God.
(1 John 4:19 - We love because he first loved us.)
- Biblical Concept: We love God who first loved us.
- Angel Food Cake with cherry pie filling and reddi-whip
- We are looking for more child care workers as some of our workers have headed to warmer areas for the winter. If you have a friend, mom, grandmother, etc. who might be interested in helping, please contact me at the number/email below. Thank you!
- Cardboard Egg Cartons (that we can paint) are needed for a craft for April . Thanks to those of you who have started to bring them in!
- Steering Team Meeting Child care Moms for Tuesday, March 3rd 9:15 – 11:45 AM. Thank you so much for helping out!!! If you cannot make it, PLEASE LET ME KNOW and if you can find a sub that would be super sweet!
- Heidi Sporre and Rachel Simmonds (Waddler Room)
- Marissa Nadolski (Cruiser Room) Could use one more!
- Mandy Mueller (Sea Mates)
Wishing you all a happy Valentine’s Day!
Save the Date:
- February 17th: All MOPS playdate at MGEFC. From 930-1130am come join us for a big playdate. This is a great opportunity to get the kids out and meet more MOPS moms. There will be bouncy houses and riding toys for the kids and coffee/tea/water for the moms. Feel free to bring a snack to share!
- March 20th: Couple's Night Out. Be checking your email for more event details as it gets closer.