"Getting to a Child's Heart:
Connecting Spiritually with Your Child"
Do you find it hard to make sense out of how to teach your child about spiritual concepts? Deuteronomy carries the secret to getting to the heart of a child. Learn practical and creative ways to impress spiritual truth on your child's heart. Discover how to put into practice Deuteronomy 6:1-9 in your own home with your child.
Dienna is the author and founder of River's Edge Curriculum and shares many of her ideas on her blog. She has many years of experience in leading and designing curriculum for children, as well as Bible studies for women and other family resources. She speaks nationally at children's ministry events and women's events. She is currently the Pastor of Innovations at Prairie Oak Community Church in Andover, MN. Dienna has a passion to creatively connect children with Jesus.
This Weeks' Reminders
- Brunch is provided by Chicks Ahoy! Please remember to email your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the blog for voting.
- Be sure to arrive on time to be included in our door prize drawing!
Did You Miss Us?
Did you know that you can listen online to any MOPS sessions you missed? Click on the "Media" tab at the top of our blog and follow the links!
Girls' Night "In"!
As ladies, we do a whole lot of dressing up and we think it's about time we got a break! Put on your comfiest sweat pants, grab your snuggliest pillow/blanket and join us on Saturday, November 3rd at 7:00p.m. for our first Girl's Night
Out IN! We'll be meeting in the same room we use for our MOPS meetings and using the big projector to watch the movie Ever After, starring Drew Barrymore. Popcorn will be plentiful, but we would love for you to bring your favorite snack to share (bars, candy, chips, pop, etc.). We are so looking forward to this time together and hope you all can make it!
- We need everyone to participate in our Bake Sale Fundraiser! Be thinking of what you would like to bake to contribute, and when you would be available to volunteer. Shifts will be Saturday, November 10th from 8-12 and 12-4, as well as Sunday between/after services.
- We are still in need of volunteers to help in our MOPPETS program. Please email your availability and any referrals to us at email@example.com or sign up here (enter security code 5779) to help with our Steering Team Meetings.
- Use an over-the-door hanging shoe rack to store cleaning supplies! Easy access for you...but not for the kids!
- Between zipping up your kids' snow pants and doubling the time it will take to get them in and out of the car this winter, are you wondering how you're going to come up with a healthy dinner every day? Check out these great freezer meal ideas!
- Skip grocery shopping this week! Use your favorite recipe website (or the ones Dawn Bauer mentioned last week!) to help you use up the stuff you have in your cupboard. Avoid missing expiration dates, and clean out the pantry so you can start over with things you'll really be excited to cook with!